Tuesday 15 October 2013

Making a mold with Oyumaru [Tutorial]

Was browsing around and I realised there ain't that many tutorials on making molds for polymer clay use online! So while I was shopping at Daiso (a Japanese dollar store), I picked up some Oyumaru and decided to make a tutorial out of it. 


Basically, Oyumaru is a molding material which is reusable and very affordable as well! All you have to do is just place it in hot water and it will soften and become pliable. Easy peasy. 

Tadah~~
I have yet to try the mold I made, but once I have the time to try it, I'll update this post again! For those who cannot afford to buy those expensive mold maker, do try out this cheaper alternative! It is definitely a cheaper and easier method of making molds. Besides, if you make a mistake, just place the oyumaru in hot water again and it'll be mold-able again. ^_^ 

On a side note, remember in my last post I said I wanted a nendoroid? Well, I finally got one!! *excited mode* 


Isn't he just adorable?? Introducing Sebby-chan!! He's a character from the anime "Kuroshitsuji' Or "Black Butler". From now on, he will be helping me model all of my clay food! Hehehe :D 

Hope y'all benefited from this post!  

No comments:

Post a Comment